Acoustic emission for the chemical and petrochemical industry
Acoustic emission allows the non-intrusive inspection of storage vessels and tanks. METALogic has a network of experts all over Europe and is therefore always nearby to discuss with you the possibilities and to schedule the test quickly.
Acoustic Emission (AE) is based on the detection of sound waves using sensors. The technique is used for crack and corrosion detection on metal pressure equipment (e.g. gas bubbles), corrosion and leakage detection on flat bottom storage tanks and for leak detection on pressure equipment. In addition to standard measurements, there are also customer-specific solutions such as the online monitoring of plant components.
Acoustic emission tests add value to pressure testing:
- A safety measure when performing a pneumatic test instead of a hydraulic test;
- Detection of corrosion is possible in inaccessible areas;
- Replacement of visual internal/external inspection.
Acoustic emission testing adds value to leakage testing:
- Extending the inspection period.
- Detecting corrosion before leakage.
After receipt, we prepare an AE report wherein we test the acceptance criteria. In addition, the report also contains an indication of the indications found. If necessary, a follow-up examination can take place with an appropriate NDT (non-destructive testing) technique to further investigate the indications of the AE test.
To replace an internal examination, METALogic prepares a file in collaboration with a Vlarem expert. The file includes a study of the degradation mechanisms, risk analysis and inspection planning.
Benefits of acoustic emission:
- It is non-intrusive.
- Extensive experience and expertise with a strong network of experts within Europe.
- Testing according to European standards.
- Test operators qualified according to ISO 9712.